List:       openjdk-members
Subject:    GB Nomination: Andrew Haley
From:       Deepak Bhole <dbhole () redhat ! com>
Date:       2013-03-14 19:31:25

Hi Everyone,

I would like to renominate Andrew Haley for the position of At-Large Member to
the OpenJDK Governing Board.

Andrew has been a contributor to OpenJDK since its inception and prior to that,
was involved in the world of Java through GCJ.

Andrew is the current project lead of OpenJDK6 and also leads the AARCH64
project[1]. In addition to the project lead roles, he is also a member
of the Java SE 8 expert group. Furthermore, Andrew is closely involved with the
Governing Board through his current membership role, and actively tracks
happenings on the political landscape of OpenJDK.

Given the breadth of his technological knowledge, his influence on the
direction of OpenJDK through his technical involvement, and his involvement in
the OpenJDK community in general, I believe he is an ideal candidate for the
Governing Board.

Thanks,
Deepak

1: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/announce/2013-February/000144.html