List:       openjdk-macosx-port-dev
Subject:    Re: Setting created timestamp of files using BasicFileAttributeView
From:       Michael Hall <mik3hall () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-03-06 13:18:57

> On Mar 6, 2016, at 7:01 AM, Robert Krüger <krueger@lesspain.de> wrote:

> When I set creation date using a cocoa call \
> (NSFileManager:setAttributes:ofItemAtPath:error:) mapped to java, behaviour is as \
> expected and creation date is changed. I filed a jdk bug report (Review ID: \
> JI-9031479).

OK, should be a long term fix unless they decide for some reason changing this should \
not be allowed and that is for some reason the ‘expected behavior'. I think one of \
the posts I had a url on said it doesn't work on Linux systems either.

I could add it to mine based on your code, or you could I guess, the source is on \
github. As I remember you would need to specify my OS X specific filesystem(provider) \
as a jvm launch parameter. It is the same as the usual I think (falling through to \
the default filesystem(provider) for about everything except adding the additional OS \
X file attribute views.  Again a lot of the api's don't support update as I was sort \
of waiting for interest on the read only attributes, which hasn't yet really been \
indicated, before making the code ‘more serious'.  It does have a currently \
non-functioning WatchService, so if you need one of those that works it might not be \
for you. Although, I may of had a property switch or something that let you fallback \
to the default there as well. It's been a while for most of this, I don't remember.

Michael Hall