List:       openjdk-macosx-port-dev
Subject:    Re: AppleScript script engine
From:       Michael Hall <mik3hall () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-19 2:13:47

On Feb 15, 2014, at 8:00 AM, Michael Hall <mik3hall@gmail.com> wrote:

> Meanwhile, I was still thinking about grabbing the source and setting up something \
> on github with a dylib/jar pair that developers could add to their projects  to get \
> this scripting engine without hacking JDK/JRE's. Seem a reasonable idea?

Not a lot to it, no doc or much for build, but a jar and dylib that appear to still \
work if I reset resources.jar to cause the AppleScript JSR 223 interface to be \
missing.

https://github.com/mik3hall/AppleScriptEngine

So, if you have problems with OS X java and the AppleScript interface before a fix is \
in place and don't want to mess with modifying the JDK/JRE resources.jar, then you \
might want to look at this.
Again, I'm assuming the classpath exception lets me get away with having this stuff \
for distribution.

Michael Hall

trz nio.2 for OS X http://www195.pair.com/mik3hall/index.html#trz

HalfPipe Java 6/7 shell app http://www195.pair.com/mik3hall/index.html#halfpipe

AppConverter convert Apple jvm to openjdk apps \
http://www195.pair.com/mik3hall/index.html#appconverter