List:       openjdk-macosx-port-dev
Subject:    JMX local attach failure
From:       Matthew Bishop <matt () thebishops ! org>
Date:       2013-10-13 19:04:49

>When I start an application, using Apple Java 1.6.0_51 (with "java -jar
application.jar" and no "-D" parameters), I can connect to it using
JConsole, using either the Apple Java 6 version or the Oracle Java 7
version.  The application registers some MXBeans using the
PlatformMBeanServer.

>Now, when I start that same application, using Oracle Java 1.7.0_40, in the
same way, it is still visible using the Java 7 JConsole under "local
processes", however connection using JConsole and VisualVM fails.

I get this under JDK 1.7.0_25 as well. On three different machines.