List:       openjdk-macosx-port-dev
Subject:    OpenJDK krb5 ignore /etc/krb5.conf?
From:       weijun.wang () oracle ! com (Weijun Wang)
Date:       2012-07-18 0:26:10

I'm not familiar with how Mac does it, but normally there are two ways a
Kerberos authentication is performed, through the initial login and
through kinit. The former is integrated into the system (a pam module?)
and I guess in this case the config is inside SCDynamicStoreConfig. For
the latter, the Kerberos clients are regarded as standalone tools and a
/etc/krb5.conf is needed.

Java works in both ways, if there is already a credentials cache it will
happily use it. On the other hand, it also includes the Krb5LoginModule
that does all the login itself. Therefore, it should read both styles of
config on a Mac.

I've filed a new bug, It will appear soon at

Thanks
Max