List:       openjdk-jmx-dev
Subject:    Re: jmx-dev RFR: JDK-8327474 Review use of java.io.tmpdir in jdk tests [v5]
From:       Jaikiran Pai <jpai () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2024-04-03 0:58:01

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 16:29:21 GMT, Bill Huang <bhuang@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > This task addresses an essential aspect of our testing infrastructure: the proper \
> > handling and cleanup of temporary files and socket files created during test \
> > execution. The motivation behind these changes is to prevent the accumulation of \
> > unnecessary files in the default temporary directory, which can affect the \
> > system's storage and potentially influence subsequent test runs.
> > Our review identified that several tests create temporary files or socket files \
> >                 without ensuring their removal post-execution.
> > - Direct calls to java.io.File.createTempFile and \
> >                 java.nio.file.Files.createTempFile without adequate cleanup.
> > - Tests using NIO socket channels with StandardProtocolFamily.UNIX, not \
> > explicitly removing socket files post-use.
>
> Bill Huang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
> since the last revision:
> Implemented review comments.

Thank you for the update, Bill. The latest changes look OK to me.
I also heard from Bill that Alan has approved the changes too.

Before integrating, please run tier1, tier2 and tier3 (I haven't checked which tiers \
these changed tests belong to) to make sure nothing breaks unexpectedly.

Marked as reviewed by jpai (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18352#pullrequestreview-1975307573