List:       openjdk-jigsaw-dev
Subject:    Re: Requires runtime considered?
From:       Christian Beikov <christian.beikov () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-06-28 9:40:05

Thanks for the quick answer and the hint about service, but as you can
imagine, services don't really help here since I am trying to use CDI
which does it's own discovery.

I understand the point about "99,999 other modules", that's why I asked
specifically if such a module is even "visible" somehow such that a CDI
container could do something about this. As far as I know, the Maven
surefire plugin adds only the module of the artifact for which to
execute tests to the module path via --add-modules. Maybe I should
request that runtime dependencies should be added with the --add-modules
flag as well. This sounds like a promising solution though, thanks for
the tip!

Regards,

Christian