List:       openjdk-jigsaw-dev
Subject:    =?UTF-8?B?YWRkLW9wZW5zIGZvciBkeW5hbWljYWxseSBjcmVhdGVkIGxheWVycw==?=
From:       Alex Orlov <ooo_saturn7 () mail ! ru>
Date:       2020-11-16 18:35:23

Hello all,

I have the following structure

I want to create the following layer structure:

+++++++++++
+ Boot Layer +
+++++++++++

       +++++++++++++++++
       + Web Server Layer +
       +++++++++++++++++

                         ++++++++++++++++++++
                         + Web Application Layer +
                         ++++++++++++++++++++

In BootLayer I have a Framework that manages these layers.

In Web Application Layer I have Spring 5 and I need to direct its logs to slf4j, so I \
need to use jcl-over-slf4j ( \
https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j/blob/v_1.8.0_beta2/jcl-over-slf4j/src/main/java/module-info.java \
).
When I start my application I get:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class org.springframework.core.log.CompositeLog (in \
module spring.core) cannot access class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog (in \
module org.apache.commons.logging) because module org.apache.commons.logging does not \
export org.apache.commons.logging.impl to module spring.core.
To fix it, I wanted in the Framework dynamically addOpens to module \
(module.addOpens(...)), however, I got
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalCallerException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl is not \
open to module fw.module.
To fix it I added jvm argument:

--add-opens org.apache.commons.logging/org.apache.commons.logging.impl=fw.module \

However, it didn’t help. It seems to me that jvm arguments add-opens works only when \
the module that must open its package is in boot layer, but in my situation fw.module \
that is in boot layer knows nothing about web application modules.
So, could anyone say how to fix this problem?

--
Best regards, Alex Orlov