List:       openjdk-jigsaw-dev
Subject:    Re: Round #3: RFR: 8147467 - Add ClassFileTransformer transform method that provide the Module to th
From:       Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-02-29 20:41:07

On 29/02/2016 20:11, Remi Forax wrote:
> Hi Alan, hi Sergei,
> i see two issues with this patch,
> the first one is that before that change, ClassFileTransformer was a functional \
> interface, it's not a functional interface anymore, so it will break code (note \
> that ClassFileTransformer is not annotated with @FunctionalInterface so it's a kind \
> of 'legal' non backward compatible change)
Yeah, we know. We've been trying to avoid introducing another interface
here if possible, esp. as this is a niche area. If there a wide spread
use of CFT as a functional interface then we might have to introduce a
different approach.

On have the security manager issue then you are right although easily
worked around by granting the agent the permission. We could have the
new transform method specify both (as you suggest).

-Alan