List:       openjdk-jigsaw-dev
Subject:    Review request: Install module content into zip files
From:       mark.reinhold () oracle ! com (mark ! reinhold at oracle ! com)
Date:       2010-05-28 22:59:38

> Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 15:05:48 -0700
> From: mandy.chung at oracle.com

> Mark Reinhold wrote:
>> Okay, done, but as:  $(call Unjar,$1,$$mdir/classes,$$p)

> I was thinking that we don't need to check if the
> package exists in the module. Instead, something like this:
>
> define import-from-modules-image
>   if [ "$3" != "" ] ; then \
>     for m in $2 dummy ; do \
>       mdir=$(JDK_MODULES_LIB)/$$m/$(VERSION) ; \
>       if [ -f $$mdir/classes ] ; then \
>          $(call Unjar,$1,$$mdir/classes,$3); \
>       fi ; \
>     done ; \
>   fi
> endef

Ah, right -- that works, but only because jar is broken.  Unlike tar
it doesn't exit with an error if you ask it to extract something that
doesn't exist in the archive.

I'll go with your suggestion, since it does speed things up a little
and we're extremely unlikely ever to fix the jar command to report
such errors.

- Mark