List:       openjdk-jigsaw-dev
Subject:    jpkg RFE
From:       Dalibor.Topic () Sun ! COM (Dalibor Topic)
Date:       2010-05-28 21:21:48

Here's a small patch for review:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~robilad/jpkg-resources-default/

* jpkg sets resources parameter to module path if no resources path is
explicitly given.

But of course, that's not enough, so we have to make sure that we only
start writing a resource section if there are actually resources to be
stuffed into a jmod file - i.e. the check whether the resource path is
empty is not sufficient in that case, as the modulepath could be chock
full of class files, with no other file in sight. So ...

* module file format gets a utility method to check if a path contains
files that are not class files.

And to make that a bit easier

* Files gets a few small helper methods to tell if a file name is a
class name.

Notable differences: this means that *.properties files that were
up until now not necessarily picked up as a resource, if they were only
in the classes/ dirs and not in the resources/ dirs, will now get a
place in the resources section of a jmod file.

I hope this fits what Jon had in mind, I'd appreciate a review while I
go hack on the tests.

cheers,
dalibor topic
Dalibor Topic 			Tel: (+49 40) 23 646 738
Java F/OSS Ambassador 		AIM: robiladonaim
Sun Microsystems GmbH 		Mobile: (+49 177) 2664 192
Nagelsweg 55 			http://openjdk.java.net
D-20097 Hamburg 		mailto:Dalibor.Topic at sun.com
Amtsgericht M?nchen: HRB 161028
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: J?rgen Kunz