List:       openjdk-jdk8-dev
Subject:    Re: Next Protocol Negotiation TLS Extension
From:       Brad Wetmore <bradford.wetmore () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-03-25 21:26:03

On 3/25/2013 6:59 AM, Simone Bordet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:08 AM, Brad Wetmore
> <bradford.wetmore@oracle.com> wrote:
>> Hi Simone,
>>
>> I haven't looked at the proposal yet, but just from a scheduling point of
>> view, unfortunately we're finishing up the implementation of the last of the
>> planned features for JDK 8, so getting this into 8 is likely not possible.
>
> "Likely not possible" means "totally impossible" or "if you do this
> and that, then it's possible" ? :)

I would never say "totally impossible," but closer to "totally
impossible" than "likely not possible."

> Do you know the status of JEP 114 ? Will it be shipped in JDK 8 ?

That is still the expectation.  We had to pull 114 temporarily because
of a conflict in two projects, and we'll be working on resolving the
merge when the engineer is back from vacation.

>> We have an open bug for this (JDK-8007785) and it's on the radar for JDK 9.
>
> Ok, if impossible I will eventually pop up again when JDK 8 is
> released and JDK 9 work started.

Planning for JDK 9's features will start well before that.  Some of the
dev work will already be underway by release.

Brad