List:       openjdk-jdk6-dev
Subject:    Re: CMS output description
From:       Srinivas Ramakrishna <ysr1729 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-04-17 6:47:00

Hi Venkat --

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM,  <mndvenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ramki,
>
> It is great to see quick response.
>
> If the user time is too high comparatively to real time means is it short of \
> resources also what I have observed my application certainly stopped more than 5 \
> mins at the same time GC user time showing 3+ minutes.

The ratio of user:real is really a rough indicator of the level of
parallelism achieved by GC.
For the example you had below:-

> > Times: user=0.45 sys=0.00, real=0.09 secs

0.45/0.09 = 5 is the amount of parallelism in GC (of course not all of
that might be useful work, so
one can't with a straight face call it parallel speed-up, but still ...)

> I will send cpu details with GC logs tomorrow.

OK.

-- ramki