List:       openjdk-i18n-dev
Subject:    Re: <i18n dev> RFR: 8054214: JapaneseEra.getDisplayName doesn't return names if it's an additional e
From:       Masayoshi Okutsu <masayoshi.okutsu () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-12-11 2:26:12

Thank you for the review comments. I realized that only TextStyle.NARROW
and NARROW_STANDALONE should return the abbreviation to be consistent
with locale data. I've changed the implementation, which should have
"fixed" the NPE issue, and added more test cases.

Revised webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~okutsu/9/8054214/webrev.01/

While I was testing more, I realized the default implementation of
Era.getDisplayName doesn't work with non-IsoChronology. I filed new bug
report JDK-8171049.

Thanks,
Masayoshi