List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR(M): 8200126: [TESTBUG] Open source VM runtime signal tests
From:       David Holmes <david.holmes () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-03-31 7:30:51

Hi Misha.

This all seems okay.

On 30/03/2018 12:41 PM, Mikhailo Seledtsov wrote:
> While testing I discovered build errors on Mac and Solaris. The
> following statement " BUILD_HOTSPOT_JTREG_EXECUTABLES_LIBS_exesigtest :=
> -ljvm" was added to a Linux-only block. I have updated the make file to
> add this for any platform w/o conditions; the " exesigtest.c" is
> excluded from Windows anyway down below in the make file. I am not 100%
> sure this is the correct way to modify the make file; if not please
> advise the correct way.

That works for me. I'm not sure how Magnus envisaged this being used
though. An alternative would be:

   ifeq ($(OPENJDK_TARGET_OS), windows)
       BUILD_HOTSPOT_JTREG_EXECUTABLES_CFLAGS_exeFPRegs := -MT
+     BUILD_HOTSPOT_JTREG_EXCLUDE += exesigtest.c
+ else
+     BUILD_HOTSPOT_JTREG_EXECUTABLES_LIBS_exesigtest := -ljvm
   endif

but I think your version is more future-proof.

Thanks,
David