List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR 8165753: Custom security manager, crashing wth 'java/security/AccessControlException'
From:       "Daniel D. Daugherty" <daniel.daugherty () oracle ! com>
Date:       2017-02-17 1:16:52

 > The Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vkempik/8165753/webrev.00/

src/share/vm/runtime/os.hpp
     No comments.

src/share/vm/runtime/os.cpp
     No comments.

src/share/vm/runtime/thread.cpp
     CHECK_JNI_ERR is a new one on me. I was
     expecting CHECK_(JNI_ERR), but now I see
     that we have a short-cut...

 > The bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8165753

I concur with David's analysis in the bug report that we
need to fix this in JDK9/JDK10 also because the code that
you guys identified in JDK8 is still wrong in JDK9/JDK10.

So while there is no difference with the reproducer on
JDK9 with or without the fix, we still need the fix.

Thumbs up!

Dan