List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8157831: JVMCI tests should not be executed on linux-arm32
From:       David Holmes <david.holmes () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-05-31 1:26:23

Hi Leonid,

This really strikes me as as a jtreg problem that should be fixed in
jtreg. When writing an @requires clause in a test the test writer should
not have to be thinking "oh wait! Is this going to query the VM running
jtreg or the VM running the test?". It should obviously be the VM
running the test.

That said we also seem to have a problem with the definition of os.arch:

os.arch 	Operating system architecture

if it is returning the build architecture of the VM and not the OS it is
running on. That in itself argues for two distinct properties.

David