List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    RE: RFR(S): 8154996: [aix] Implement compare_file_modified_times for "8146879: Add option ..."
From:       "Lindenmaier, Goetz" <goetz.lindenmaier () sap ! com>
Date:       2016-04-25 16:43:00

Hi Volker,

I also wondered about the semantics of the method.
I think it's just supposed to return negative or positive
differences to check which is the newer file.
Stat contains different time representations on the platforms.
GNU returns a struct with seconds and nanoseconds, therefore
they check both. On AIX, a single value time_t is returned.
(If you compile with _GNU_SOURCE set, AIX 7.1 knows the
other format.).  But all that should have been mentioned
in the review of 8146879.

Thanks for the review of my change,
  Goetz.