List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    RE: RFR (S): 8136766: Enable ThreadStackSize range test
From:       Ron Durbin <ron.durbin () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-03-30 20:08:12

Gerard,

Per our phone conversation, your solution needs refactoring.
Specifically the minimum stack size mechanism you propose is not
not needed as one exists in the current implementation which I am fixing.

I have related your bug 8136766 to mine 8140520.

Ron

 way where 0 has a special meaning on
>>Windows) and adds constraint for ThreadStackSize, which allows us to incl=
ude it in
>>test/runtime/CommandLine/OptionsValidation/TestOptionsWithRanges.java tes=
t.

>>https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8136766
>>http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gziemski/8136766_rev1
>>
>>Passes JPRT hotspot and RBT CommandLine/OptionsValidation/TestOptionsWith=
Ranges on all platforms.