List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    Re: HSX-25 / JDK7 incompatibility [Was: RFR(M) JDK-8031819: Remove legacy jdk checks and code]
From:       Coleen Phillimore <coleen.phillimore () oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-06-19 13:31:08

We removed JVM_SetProtectionDomain from jdk9 hotspot.  Although I don't
think anything called it, I remember there was some sort of link time
error.  In a couple of weeks, other now unused JVM entries will also be
removed, that may have been used in jdk7 and 8.  These changes will give
you an error.   The MethodHandle incompatibilities might not though.

Coleen