List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR(XS): 8038422: CDS test failed: assert((size % os::vm_allocation_granularity())
From:       David Holmes <david.holmes () oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-05-24 0:11:50

Hi Yumin,

I think vm_allocation_granularity >= vm_page_size by definition, so I
don't think using max of the two really makes sense. The fact these two
values only differ on Windows just reinforces my concern as to whether
all the code that uses one of these values really appreciates the
difference between them (eg reserve with allocation granularity, and
commit with page size).

Anyway it sounds like you have the correct fix here. My concern is
really with other code.

Cheers,
David