List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR (S): JDK-8026154: [TESTBUG] runtime/CDSCompressedKPtrs/XShareAuto.java failed due to excepti
From:       Mikhailo Seledtsov <mikhailo.seledtsov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-03-10 18:54:00

Zhengyu, Christian,

  Thank you for the review.

Misha

On 3/10/2014 11:41 AM, Christian Tornqvist wrote:
> Looks good! Thanks for fixing this.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

  <head>
  </head>
    <pre wrap=""><font face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">Zhengyu, Christian,
        Thank you for the review. <br>
      Misha</font><br>
      Tornqvist wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Looks good! Thanks for fixing this.

Thanks,
Christian

runtime/CDSCompressedKPtrs/XShareAuto.java failed due to exception

     Please review this change that fixes several tests.
     The issues addressed by this change have similar root cause, hence I
have consolidated them under the umbrella of JDK-8026154 and hope to submit
them as one change set.

     In detail, these changes are introduced to cover situation where
mapping of the shared (CDS) archive into memory fails. Such situation is a
random occurance, and is most likely due
     to ASLR (Adress Space Layout Randomization). ASLR is a  security
feature managed by OS that randomizes the address where shared libraries are
loaded; if the shared library is mapped
     into the space intended for the CDS archive, the mapping of the archive
will fail. With this change, these tests take such situation into account.

     JBS: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8026154">https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8026154</a>
  Webrev: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/8026154/webrev.00/">http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/8026154/webrev.00/</a>
  Testing:
         Exercises these tests on all standard platforms via JPRT -&gt; PASS
         Local testing with number of iterations, especially on Windows
where ASLR
             seems to be more aggressive

</pre>