List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    review request (XS) - 7034133: cleanup obsolete option handling
From:       John.Coomes () oracle ! com (John Coomes)
Date:       2011-04-06 5:43:40

Poonam Bajaj (poonam.bajaj at oracle.com) wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option HandlePromotionFailure; \
> > support was removed in 6.0_24
>
> Here, I think it would be appropriate to have the jdk version string
> as either 1.6.0_24 or 6u24

Hi Poonam,

Thanks for looking at this.  I also noticed the version string was
unusual, but it's not new with this code.  Changing the string
representation should be done separately as it's distinct from
handling obsolete options, is also used by the error handler and the
code in JDK_Version goes to some length to format 1.5.x and later as
d.d, while 1.4.2 and earlier appear as d.d.d.

-John