List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    review request (S): 6962930 make the string table size configurable
From:       John.Coomes () oracle ! com (John Coomes)
Date:       2011-03-20 4:51:21

John Coomes (John.Coomes at oracle.com) wrote:
> David Holmes (David.Holmes at oracle.com) wrote:
> > Can clarify in globals.hpp whether the size is in bytes, KB, MB.
>
> Thanks for taking a look.
>
> It's the number of buckets; I included that info in the doc string and
> updated the webrev (same location).

I've updated the webrev again based on feedback from Coleen.  I
changed arguments.cpp so that if a non-default StringTableSize is
used, it ensures that class data sharing is disabled.  See the same
url.

I plan to push this tomorrow; a review of this latest snippet isn't
critical (Coleen suggested the idea, and it's simply setting flag
values).

-John