List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    Thread.sleep() returns too early
From:       David.Holmes () Sun ! COM (David Holmes - Sun Microsystems)
Date:       2008-10-13 12:51:56

Hi Artem,

There are some issues with Thread.sleep on Solaris but they involve a
number of factors. I'm presently investigating an issue where the system
time changes and then a signal is sent to the process and is apparently
handled by the sleeping thread which then returns immediately from sleep.

Is your problem readily reproducible? (The test behaved somewhat
erratically when I tried it, but there was no timeout message.)

Cheers,
David Holmes