List:       openjdk-hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject:    request for review
From:       Keith.McGuigan () Sun ! COM (Keith McGuigan)
Date:       2008-04-28 14:54:19

Hello,

I'd appreciate any review on this small change that I'd like to get into
HS13 to resolve a P2:

Fixed 6692246: Regression : JDK 6u4 b01 fails two JCK tests when
fallback is switched off

The type-checking verifier incorrectly rejected classfiles in which it
could
determine statically that a 'null' was passed to an arraylength opcode.
According to the type-checking specification, 'null' is a valid type to
arraylength (and in fact, the inference verifier accepts this, which is
why these tests only failed when fallback was switched off).

The fix is rather trivial, just add a check for the 'null' type when
examining
the arraylength operation and don't throw an exception in that case.

Webrev: http://webrev.invokedynamic.info/kamg/6692246/

Testing:
 + JPRT
 + NSK runtime