List:       openjdk-hotspot-gc-use
Subject:    Re: OOM error caused by large array allocation in G1
From:       Thomas Schatzl <thomas.schatzl () oracle ! com>
Date:       2017-11-21 16:30:30

Hi,

On Tue, 2017-11-21 at 23:47 +0800, Lijie Xu wrote:
> Hi Ravi,
>
> The suggestions in the blog are quite useful. This SVM application
> really caches some training data in memory. To lower the memory
> consumption, many methods can be used including changing the storage
> level, lowering the execution memory threshold, and improving the
> parallelism. I'm doing research work on garbage collection, and want
> to find some defects in memory management through experiments.

  if by memory management you mean VM memory management, please keep us
posted.

You may also be able to filter out known issues by looking through the
bug tracker: a query like this in the "advanced" search yields quite a
few issues "project = JDK AND issuetype in (Bug, Enhancement, JEP) AND
status in (Open, "In Progress", New) AND component = hotspot AND
Subcomponent = gc".

Many of those are probably overly specific though.

Thanks,
  Thomas