List:       openjdk-hotspot-gc-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR(M): 7163191: G1: introduce a "heap spanning table" abstraction
From:       John Cuthbertson <john.cuthbertson () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-02-26 18:20:06

Hi Everyone,

A new version of this that incorporates some feedback from Bengt and
Thomas can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/7163191/webrev.1/

Summary of Changes
* Removed the split between the templated base class. The routines that
were in the .cpp have been moved into the .hpp.
* default value is now a virtual function that subclasses have to implement.
* The new .cpp has been removed.
* Minor cleanups suggested by Bengt.
* Minor cleanups suggested by Thomas Schatzl.

Testing:
GC test suite.
I've also updated and tested the patch that converts the two fast
in-cset arrays to be sub-classes of the spanning table. This will be
sent out for review once this change is pushed.

Thanks,

JohnC