List:       openjdk-hotspot-dev
Subject:    RFR (M): 8048241: Introduce umbrella header os.inline.hpp and clean up includes
From:       "Lindenmaier, Goetz" <goetz.lindenmaier () sap ! com>
Date:       2014-06-29 21:00:46

Hi,

This change adds a new header os.inline.hpp including the os_<os>.include.h=
pp
headers. This allows to remove around 30 os dependent include cascades, som=
e of
them even without adding the os.inline.hpp header in that file.
Also, os.inline.hpp is added in several files that call functions from thes=
headers where it was missing so far.

Some further cleanups:
OrderAccess include in adaptiveFreeList.cpp is needed because of freeChunk.=
hpp.

The include of os.inline.hpp in thread.inline.hpp is needed because
Thread::current() uses thread() from ThreadLocalStorage, which again uses
os::thread_local_storage_at which is implemented platform dependent.

I moved some methods without dependencies to other .include.hpp files
to os_windows.hpp/os_posix.hpp.  This reduces the need for os.inline.hpp
includes a lot.

Please review and test this change.  I please need a sponsor.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/webrevs/8048241-osInc/webrev.00/

I compiled and tested this without precompiled headers on linuxx86_64,
linuxppc64, windowsx86_64, solaris_sparc64, solaris_sparc32, darwinx86_64,
aixppc64 in opt, dbg and fastdbg versions.

Thanks and best regards,
  Goetz.