List:       openjdk-hotspot-dev
Subject:    luke warm methods?
From:       tom.rodriguez () oracle ! com (Tom Rodriguez)
Date:       2010-04-30 0:07:46

On Apr 29, 2010, at 2:30 AM, Vikram A wrote:

> Please wait for Thomas's comments on this, but I would like to know...
> Shouldn't TieredCompilation help perform better in such cases...
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/fatcatair/entry/tiered_compilation_almost_live

Tiered definitely would help since you'd get to C1 quality code very quickly but you \
still might not transition to C2 quality code, leaving some performance on the floor. \
We'll also probably revisit the decay logic since we've changed how invocation \
counters operate a bit and I think simply decaying them doesn't really make sense.  \
I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense in the first place I guess.

tom