List:       openjdk-hotspot-compiler-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR (S): 8067014: LinearScan::is_sorted significantly slows down fastdebug builds' performance
From:       Filipp Zhinkin <filipp.zhinkin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-23 10:40:39

Hi all,

sorry for a late reply.

I don't think that it's possible to remove is_sorted assertion from
create_unhandled_lists, because it's crucial condition for a linear
scan allocation algorithm and it's pretty easy to break it incidentally.
Existing assertion could significantly reduce time required to locate
an issue when something will go wrong.

However, I believe that it could be relaxed to check only that
intervals in _sorted_intervals list are actually ordered and that
_new_intervals_from_allocation list is empty (in sorting methods
we still will be verifying that sorted and unsorted lists contain
same intervals).

What do you guys think about that?

Regards,
Filippp.