List:       openjdk-hotspot-compiler-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR : 8012447 : Java CTW implementation
From:       Vladimir Kozlov <vladimir.kozlov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-07-25 17:43:37

Hi, Igor,

Add copyright header to README file.

Typo in CtwTest.java:

35  * @summary testing of CompileTheWorl

Capitalize foo, bar class names since it is java classes.

Why test/testlibrary/whitebox/Makefile removes ctw.jar when it does not
build it?

CtwTest.java:

- Each CTW veriation should be tested separately - separate '@run
main/othervm' lines. Yes, check() should be modified for that (or hacve
several version of check()).

- How createJarProcessBuilder() know where foo.class and bar.class are
located? Usually jtreg creates them in not run directory. You copied
them into classes subdir but you did not use those copies in jar
creation. At least I don't see how.

classes.lst
    1 java.lang.String
    2 java.lang.Object

What if I put foo, bar into classes.lst, where it will find these
classes? The example in README does not show that I need to add foo.jar
or foo.class

It is not intuitive why compileWholeClass() is in PathHandler.java. It
should be in separate class.

These tests may have problem on embedded systems where java runs from
JRE installation which does not have jar, javac and jtreg sets 2
variables COMPILEJAVA and TESTJAVA which could be different (based on
jtreg's flags specified by user). Please, verify such setting when you test.

Thanks,
Vladimir