List:       openjdk-graal-dev
Subject:    RFR: 8198918: jio_snprintf and friends are not checked by -Wformat
From:       Afshin Zafari <azafari () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2023-09-26 11:53:41

- The `ATTRIBUTE_PRINTF` usage in cpp files is useless. They are removed.
-  There are cases where `jio_xxprintf` functions use `char *` arguments for format \
string, rather than a literal like `"%s..."`. These cases are not compiled when \
`ATTRIBUTE_PRINTF` is used for them. So, I use the attribute and got the \
corresponding compile errors. Then I fixed the issues and remove the attribute when \
                all fixed.
-
### Test
The changes are tested on all platforms tiers 1-4.

Commit messages:
 - 8198918: jio_snprintf and friends are not checked by -Wformat

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15918/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=15918&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8198918
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/15918/head:pull/15918