List:       openjdk-discuss
Subject:    =?UTF-8?B?562U5aSNOiBDYWxsIGZvciBEaXNjdXNzaW9uOiBOZXcgUHJvamVjdDogUklTQy1WIFBvcnQ=?=
From:       "=?UTF-8?B?5p2O5LiJ57qiKOS4iee6oik=?=" <sanhong.lsh () alibaba-inc ! com>
Date:       2021-10-01 13:37:10

Hi,
Thanks for raising this discussion. We (Alibaba) would like to voice the support for \
creating this project and contribute our efforts to this project.

RISC-V,as an open standard ISA has been supported in other popular \
runtime/compilers, likes V8, Go, LLVM, etc.  It's time to consider moving forward \
with Java, and we believe this porting work will benefit the broader Java ecosystem.

Alibaba already co-worked with Huawei and participated in the OpenJDK RV64 Porting \
Work [1] under RVI [2]. Most development work has also been synced up with the JDK \
sandbox [3].   We are examining the next step to discuss the possible practicalities \
of getting these changes into the mainline.

Because the proposing project sounds to go under Porters Group, so maybe -
@Dalibor, can Porters Group sponsor this project?

Thanks
Sanhong

[1] https://github.com/riscv-collab/riscv-openjdk