List:       openjdk-discuss
Subject:    =?UTF-8?B?Y2hlY2tzdHlsZSB0b29sIHRvIGVuZm9yY2UgU3VuL09yYWNsZSBjb2RlIHN0?= =?UTF-8?B?YW5kYXJkIG9uIG9wZ
From:       Roman Ivanov <ivanov-jr () mail ! ru>
Date:       2015-01-04 7:20:12

Hi Jon,

first of all lets deside on last version of "Code Standard", as it might be appeared \
that changes will be cosmetic.

It might be reasonble to configure Checkstyle to enforce Code Standard on young/new \
projects or part of the project. If project have a lot of backporting and it might be \
reasonable to enforce Code Standard only in latest code - version 9, and all previous \
version keep as is.

It also might be reasonable to after config is created, start to use it partly, and \
slowly increase amount of rules as project have time to resolve style stuff.

The main point - old code/files stay unchanged, new files are created to follow all \
rules 100%, no backporting problems are guaranteed.

thanks,
Roman Ivanov