List:       openjdk-cvmi-dev
Subject:    Sample doxygen configuration, output for VM interfaces
From:       neil.richards () ngmr ! net (Neil Richards)
Date:       2012-07-17 7:58:02

Hi all,
I've uploaded (a webrev of) a sample doxygen configuration file [1],
together with the HTML documentation it generates for the (otherwise
undocumented) artifacts defined in the header files under
jdk/src/share/javavm/export and jdk/src/share/solaris/javavm/export [2].

Whilst the creation of the descriptive documentation for these artifacts
is yet to be created, nevertheless I hope that this gives some
indication of the structure / nature in which this information would be
presented using this approach.

I think the next step will be to make changes to the jdk/make/docs
makefile, to pick up settings from there to generate the doxygen
configuration file (for the platform currently being built) and then
drive its use (in the situation where doxygen is available, naturally).

Please cast your eyes over this stuff - all feedback gratefully
received.

Thanks,
Neil

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ngmr/vmi.00/webrev/