List:       openjdk-core-libs-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8319195: Move tier 1 vector API regression tests to tier 2
From:       Alan Bateman <alanb () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2023-10-31 20:30:31

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 20:14:45 GMT, Joe Darcy <darcy@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Due to their longer-than-typical running time and because the vector API is not \
> (yet) in the base module, move the vector API tests in tier 1 to tier 2.

jdk_vector_sanity was added by JDK-8295970 to get some coverage in tier1. That \
motivation should probably be re-examined. One thing that I don't like is that it \
maps to a list of specific tests so it's not very maintainable. I wonder if it could \
be removed and change jdk_vector to run in tier2.