List:       openjdk-core-libs-dev
Subject:    Review request the fix for CR 7040150
From:       Lance.Andersen () oracle ! com (Lance Andersen - Oracle)
Date:       2011-04-29 12:39:17

On Apr 28, 2011, at 11:52 PM, Stuart Marks wrote:

> On 4/28/11 11:13 AM, Lance Andersen - Oracle wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I could use a reviewer for 7040150 which addresses a positioning issue with \
> > CacheResultSetImpl.removeCurrentRow().
> > The diff is located at:
> >
> > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lancea/7040150/webrev.00/
>
> The change in the index value looks correct.
>
> It's hard to say, but it looks like removeCurrentRow() doesn't throw SQLException \
> if the cursor is on the insert row. In that case, it might throw ClassCastException \
> when the InsertRow is cast to Row. Also, if the cursor is before the first row, it \
> might throw ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
> Then again, it says "this is a implementation only method" [sic] as opposed to a \
> public method, so it's hard to say whether it needs to handle all these cases, as \
> they might not actually arise in practice. I guess if the change is sufficient to \
> fix the customer's problem, then go ahead with it.

Thanks Stuart.  This method is only called by setOriginalRow which does check for \
insertRow.  It does address the customer issue and allows the TCK to continue to \
pass.

Best Regards,
Lance

> s'marks

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Lance.Andersen at oracle.com