List:       openjdk-core-libs-dev
Subject:    CFV: Doug Lea to Membership in the Core Libraries Group
From:       Alan.Bateman () Sun ! COM (Alan Bateman)
Date:       2008-04-02 11:42:32

Doug Lea wrote:
> Iris Clark wrote:
>
>> According to the rules describing group expansion[2], this is
>> sufficient to approve the
>> proposal for Doug Lea to become a Member of the Core Libraries Group.
>>
>> Congratulations and Welcome Doug!
>>

> Thanks!
>
> I might need some hg training. Are there reliable guides for this
> out yet?
Good to have you on board! I think Iris is away for a few days but she
has been working on the OpenJDK Developers Guide [1]. This has a section
on repositories that includes information on the installation and
configuration of Mercurial. Another important section is the "Producing
a Changeset" section that details the procedures needed to produce a
changeset and how to getting your ssh key setup. In addition to the
developers guide, a real must is Bryan O'Sullivan's online book
"Distributed revision control with Mercurial" [2]. The first two
chapters are sufficient to get a basic working knowledge. OpenJDK uses
the Mercurial forest. This isn't covered in the book but there links in
the developers guide on how to set that up.

-Alan.

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/guide/
[2] http://hgbook.red-bean.com