List:       openjdk-compiler-dev
Subject:    Scope's usage of Filter<Symbol>
From:       Ron Shapiro <ronshapiro () google ! com>
Date:       2019-06-06 14:26:05

Hi,

I'm trying to experiment solutions to
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8224161, and the intertwining of
Filter<Symbol> in Scope is making it hard for me to (a) understand the code
and (b) attempt a refactoring. I feel that the code will be simpler if we
extract the filtering logic to Filter.java itself, which can have a
Filter.filter(Iterable) method that uses Iterators.createFilterIterator.
That seems like an appropriate place to be filtering so that Scope has
fewer responsibilities.

I was wondering if this idea resonates. If so, I'll send a webrev as a
prefactoring.

Thanks,
Ron