List:       openjdk-compiler-dev
Subject:    Re: Review request 8136930: Simplify use of module-system options by custom launchers
From:       Mandy Chung <mandy.chung () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-08-11 20:59:07

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 1:41 PM, Alexandre (Shura) Iline <alexandre.iline@oracle.com> \
> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 11, 2016, at 1:06 PM, Jonathan Gibbons <jonathan.gibbons@oracle.com> \
> > wrote:
> > Shura,
> >
> > Such is the nature of things, I would expect there are some instances of the old \
> > style options inbound from separate changesets under development or in review. I \
> > would expect that we will do a separate additional pass over tests before we \
> > remove support for the old style options.
>
> Of course.
>
> And also, to be completely sure that the tests using new options everywhere, a test \
> run needs to be performed for all tests and failures need to be looked on. Which we \
> will do once the promotion build is out.

That’d be good.  I expect that will happen during one of those testing cycle.  This \
will ensure that the tests are correctly updated. We have verified the pit and \
hotspot tests.
Note that the old options continue to work.  Testing won’t find any tests needed to \
be converted to use new options, if that’s what you intend to find.

> > > Just to be absolutely clear, you have scanned the source files for appearances \
> > > of the options which are to go away, correct? You have searched java and shell \
> > > files, I assume.

the entire source tree which has makefiles, native source file, etc.  Not only java \
and shell tests.

> > > I hope it covers all the cases. If there is anything else we should be able to \
> > > quickly identify it after running the tests.

Only when the old options are removed.

Mandy=