List:       openjdk-compiler-dev
Subject:    Method ID
From:       nagy.mostafa () gmail ! com (Nagy1981)
Date:       2008-07-18 23:32:48

Hi,
For sake of profiling, I want to record some unique number for each method
invoked by the java code. I am modifying the JVM CPP interpreter  and was
wondering about what value I should use as an ID for a method that doesn't
change throughout execution. I don't want to rely on method name +
signature. For now, I use the jmethodID object address, I am not sure if it
remains unchanged or not.

thanks,
- nagy