List:       openjdk-caciocavallo-dev
Subject:    Re: Using Caciocavallo code
From:       Mario Torre <neugens.limasoftware () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-09-30 15:22:20

Il giorno lun 30 set 2019 alle ore 16:54 Glen Schrader (gschrader)
<gschrader@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> > On Sep 30, 2019, at 5:40 AM, Mario Torre <neugens.limasoftware@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I think the mailing list is only really significant if you want to use
> > it for reviews (which is where Skara would help, since it makes the
> > bridge between GitHub and the mailing list automatic). As for the bug
> > database, historically Cacio predates the public Jira OpenJDK, so we
> > always used our own bugzilla:
> >
> > https://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=Caciocavallo
> >
> > I would be happy to hand you the "keys".
>

> I only spot, 7 issues in there (4 without resolution) so maybe just manually \
> copying them into GitHub Issues is the easiest.
>

> > I didn't, and I don't think Roman did either, we should probably
> > contact GitHub and see who owns that and if they are willing to
> > release it.
>
> I sent GitHub a request, we'll see what they say.
>

> > I don't think there's any problem in changing it, although for
> > historical reasons we may want to keep it the same. If you refactor
> > the group id you should also change the packages though, for
> > consistency.
> >

> Given Dalibor's comment, I guess changing it probably makes more sense. How about \
> the copyright notices, I noticed there is a mix between Sun and Oracle and even a \
> couple Red Hat notices thrown in. I assume those remain unchanged? What about \
> current files that are missing one, should one be added?

Yeah, everything should stay the same. For the missing files the
Oracle copyright notice is enough, for new files you will add you can
use anything you want as long as it's compatible with the current
license.

Cheers,
Mario

--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: