List:       openjdk-bsd-port-dev
Subject:    Latest repo fails to build on OS X
From:       mvfranz () gmail ! com (Michael Franz)
Date:       2008-11-30 13:30:06

> All we have since then are merges from the main OpenJDK repository.
>
> In reference to your follow ups, I can build the code on both FreeBSD/i386
> and FreeBSD/amd64, so that covers both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms.
>
> I also see from your followups that Mac OS X is 32 bit, so this code will
> end up being
>
> movl(dst, src);
>
> no matter which variant the compiler picks.  It should pick the intptr_t
> version though.  In fact, on FreeBSD/i386 intptr_t is typedef'ed to
> int32_t, so these are the same.
>

> I wonder how intptr_t is defined on Mac OS X and what version of gcc is
> being used?  You could try changing the cast to (intptr_t) instead of
> (int32_t), since it should basically be the same.

Based on what is in <stdint.h> int32_t is a signed int and intptr_t is an
signed long.  Apple is using gcc 4.0.1.

For the original issue I did change the cast from int32_t to intptr_t and it
works, however, there are other issues that follow that related to the same
change.  I could go through and change all the places it breaks, but there
must be and easier fix.