List:       openjdk-awt-dev
Subject:    Re: <AWT Dev> RFR: 8267385: Create NSAccessibilityElement implementation for JavaComponentAccessibil
From:       Alexander Zuev <kizune () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-07-16 18:17:53

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:07:44 GMT, Artem Semenov \
<github.com+36081106+savoptik@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > 8267385: Create NSAccessibilityElement implementation for \
> > JavaComponentAccessibility This pull request contains solutions for the following \
> >                 tickets:
> > * JDK-8267385 Create NSAccessibilityElement implementation for \
> >                 JavaComponentAccessibility;
> > * JDK-8262031 Create implementation for NSAccessibilityNavigableStaticText \
> >                 protocol;
> > * JDK-8264287 Create implementation for NSAccessibilityComboBox protocol peer;
> > * JDK-8264303 Create implementation for NSAccessibilityTabGroup protocol peer;
> > * JDK-8264292 Create implementation for NSAccessibilityList protocol peer;
> > * JDK-8267387 Create implementation for NSAccessibilityOutline protocol;
> > * JDK-8267388 Create implementation for NSAccessibilityTable protocol.
>
> Artem Semenov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
> since the last revision:
> ok, so this is in the new code, how hard it will be to reimplement these methods to \
> call invokeAndWait only once per callback from the native, as it usually was done \
> before?

Ok, remaining issues for the table implementation:
1. Debug information "WARNING: -[CommonComponentAccessibility isAccessibilityEnabled] \
called on component that has no accessible component..." printed whenever navigated \
to the cell that has image inside it - i think this as well as the same message when \
navigating with voiceover shortcuts to the disabled components - needs to be \
addressed in this pull request 2. No matter what selection mode is set on the table - \
cell selection, row selection or column selection - when selection changes due to the \
table navigation the content of the row where cursor currently placed is announced. \
Since in previous implementation we had only "Selection changes: n elements out of \
nnn elements are selected" announcement and in individual cell selection mode there \
were no announcements at all i consider it as not a functional regression but still \
we need to create a bug for improving this behavior and it should be addressed as \
soon as possible and backported to all releases where this implementation will go. 3. \
Indexes when announcing the content are not right - when full cell announcement \
happens it always says column 1 row 1 - no matter what cell is being announced. I \
think that needs to be fixed.