List:       openjdk-announce
Subject:    Project proposal: Jigsaw
From:       mr () sun ! com (Mark Reinhold)
Date:       2009-01-29 16:06:01

I hereby propose the creation of Project Jigsaw.  The primary goals of
this Project will be to modularize the JDK 7 code base and to enable the
modularization of library and application code by similar means [1].

I request sponsorship from the Compiler Group.  Jon Gibbons and I will
serve as the Moderators of this Project.

- Mark

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/mr/entry/jigsaw