List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8226990: GTK & Nimbus LAF: Tabbed pane's background color is not expected one when change t
From:       Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2024-04-30 10:29:07

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 05:10:15 GMT, Abhishek Kumar <abhiscxk@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > JTabbedPane's content area, tab area and tab background color are not as expected \
> > when opaque is set to true or false.  The proposed fix is to handle the \
> > TabbedPane's background color in installed LAFs. Manual test is added to support \
> > the fix and there is no regression caused by the fix.
> > Proposed fix is tested in Ubuntu 22.04 and Oracle linux.
> >
> > CI link is posted in JBS.
>
> Abhishek Kumar has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional \
> commit since the last revision:
> instruction and copyright year update

test/jdk/javax/swing/JTabbedPane/TestJTabbedPaneOpaqueColor.java line 63:

> 61:             Check the default behaviour of the tabbed pane:
> 62:               - the area behind tabs is transparent (it must be green).
> 63:               - the tabs area is opaque (it must be red, except the selected \
> tab which must be gray).

As per my testing in windows, this is not satisfied for Nimbus and all tabs are gray, \
not only the selected one.. Is this a bug not solved yet?
Although you specify down below that tabs color are specific to nimbus style, this is \
prone to misinterpretation and can cause further issue..If it cannot be satisfied for \
Nimbus, it needs to be specified here upfront...

test/jdk/javax/swing/JTabbedPane/TestJTabbedPaneOpaqueColor.java line 78:

> 76:               - the content area is opaque (it must be gray).
> 77:
> 78:             Check this behaviour for other LAFs and tab layout.

Since we check for only selected L&Fs like Metal/Nimbus/GTK/Aqua it is probably \
better to mention  to check behaviour by clicking on present L&F button and tab \
layout.. Also, since this test is for all platforms, did you test on mac?

test/jdk/javax/swing/JTabbedPane/TestJTabbedPaneOpaqueColor.java line 99:

> 97:               - the tabs are opaque (it must be red, except the selected tab \
>                 which must be gray).
> 98:             when unchecked:
> 99:               - the tabs are transparent (it must be gree).

gree->green

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17720#discussion_r1584257458
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17720#discussion_r1584537667
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17720#discussion_r1584257656