List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8329352: Remove dead code in splashscreen_sys.c [v2]
From:       Phil Race <prr () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2024-03-30 21:20:31

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 02:56:58 GMT, Man Cao <manc@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Could anyone review this trivial change to remove dead code in splashscreen_sys.c?
>>
>> -Man
>
> Man Cao has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Update copyright year

/Reviewers 2

src/java.desktop/unix/native/libsplashscreen/splashscreen_sys.c line 393:

> 391:     pthread_mutex_init(&splash->lock, NULL);
> 392:
> 393:     // We should not ignore any errors.

The 2nd commented out call looks like it might have been doing something better than the default handler,
but not by so much as to matter.
The comment seems a bit inappropriate now and I'm puzzled why we need to reinstall the default handler
(ie the call taking NULL), since we haven't installed a non-default handler anyway.
I'd be inclined to remove the comment and the call.