List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8075917: The regression-swing case failed as the text on label is not painted red with the
From:       Abhishek Kumar <abhiscxk () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2024-03-29 5:51:39

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 07:38:58 GMT, Abhishek Kumar <abhiscxk@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > src/java.desktop/share/classes/com/sun/java/swing/plaf/gtk/GTKStyle.java line \
> > 186:
> > > 184:
> > > 185:         if (id == Region.LABEL && type == ColorType.FOREGROUND
> > > 186:                 && (state & SynthConstants.ENABLED) != 0) {
> >
> > Doesn't `SynthConstants.DISABLED` need the same treatment?
>
> Yes, I am working on it to fix the disabled case.

I extended the fix for disabled state in GlyphView's paint method to honor the user \
defined LAF color if at all it is set. But \
`open/test/jdk/javax/swing/text/html/Test4783068.java` test failed in CI, associated \
bug [JDK-4783068](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-4783068) says that `Components \
with HTML text should gray out the text when disabled`.

Now the question is "Should we handle the disabled HTML text" ?