List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8233177: Remove testcase for JDK-8001470 as fix has been reverted [v3]
From:       Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2024-02-22 16:22:56

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 22:46:26 GMT, Phil Race <prr@openjdk.org> wrote:

> So if it is resolved as removing the test we'll have no open bug and no test .. \
> both for an as yet unresolved problem. If this test is removed there needs to be a \
> new bug with this test attached as a test case

I can create a new bug and attach this testcase (after this test is removed from repo \
and PL) but the main question is whether the bug is genuine?

It seems the bug is reproduced only when `frame.pack` is called AFTER \
`frame.setVisible` , that is layouting is already done when the frame is made visible \
and then again layout request via pack is being sent and I guess it is not \
recommended to show a frame before it's layout has been done and the earlier attempt \
to fix the layout after frame is visible in \
[JDK-8001470](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8001470) has created a spate of \
regressions (mentioned in this \
[comment](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/17528#issuecomment-1940403872) ) so \
that bug could be "Not an issue" and therefore may not required to be raised newly \
again...

Also, I think irrespective of whether a new bug is created, this test needs to be \
removed from repo and problemlist..